Sunday 11 April 2010

The bag swap

When filming the bag swap we did not have much time because our first shoot was on the Monday lesson. So most of our lesson was to plan what types of shots will go together and how are we going to present the bags switching. We had done half of our filming on the Mondays lesson, the shots we did was the one out Side College and Clara opening the bag in the door way. When we did not be able to finish filming, I and Clara, which were the characters in the film, had to wear the same thing on our next lesson which was Wednesday. I did straggle because I did have some make up on Monday and I did not know if my hair would look the same but we managed at the end. The film is based on two characters that have the same bag in the same building. One of the characters has really important information that is based on killing some people. In the bag there is a list of names and photos of the people that should be dead (which we see at the end of the film) and the bag needs to be past to a hit man. The actress who plays this character is Clara. The other character that the film is based on is a teenage girl which is a big fan of Kylie Minogue. She is very girlish and has make-up in her bag. She is late to her class so we see her running which is the character that I play. So in the film we had a fast moment and slow, creepy moments. In one moment in the film, the two characters bump into each other and drop the bags, because the two characters are in a rush (the teenage girl is last for class and the other character is last to meet up with the hit man) they do not know which bag is which and just get one bag from the floor. When Clara gets into a corner she opens the bag in the same time I open the bag and we see that the bags have been swapped.

When filming I learnt a lot because it was our first time shooting a film so we gained a lot of things from just doing a film which is only 1 mins and 26 seconds . After finish editing I think that it worked well but we could have done better. I think this because the shots are too long and it’s a waste of time because there is not much going on. We did have a lot of shots but because it too long to show two bags to be swapped, it was boring when watching the film. After editing because we did not have time we did not do the soundtrack but if we did I think it would have looked better. The shots were good because we did not see the faces of the two characters all the way through the film. I think the timing did not work much because we see Clara getting into the building and then we see me running, and then we have a shot of Clara taking her time looking through the documents and then we see me coming. It’s just because I am running it would been short for me to come in so it would have been better if we had Clara coming in and then to her opening the bag, then to me coming in to the building and then back to Clara still looking at her documents and then when Clara goes off you see me coming in with the same shot. I think the timing would have worked better because all the things happen at the same time which is difficult to show but this way it would have been better then what it is. I think the angles we shot from are really effective because it not the shots films using there film and it tells a lot about the character.

The shots :
The first shot is panning, mid shot of Clara’s legs and bag. When Clara enters the ID pass, walking to the building again panning her into the building (this is shot from her back not to show her face). Then the same shot type with me coming into the building. Then the next shot is from the corner of the bag, the camera on the table. The reason why is like this shot is because there is two things happening in one shot, Clara opening the bag and then me coming in to the hall. This shot is a medium close up. Then the next shot is of me running towards the door, and going to the stair case, this shot is long shot which you can see my face. The reason to show the face is because the audience straight away know that this character is not the bad guy. Next is a shot of Clara walking down the corridor the camera shot from the floor in a close up shot. This we used this shot because it shows the creepiness in the character. Then a mid shot of me running up the stairs, then a long shot of me and Clara bumping to each other. Then because the bags drop on the floor a point of view shot of the bags getting picked up. Then we have a wide shot of me going to the class I am last for and in the same time Clara walking down towards the camera. Then we have panning of Clara walking to a corner, only showing the bag, chest and her legs. The last shot is over the shoulder shot of the two characters opening the bags. We have split the scene into half and half so we can show the two characters opening the bags in the same time.
Mise en scene
The things we used in our filming were two bags which are the same, posters of Kylie Minogue to put into one of the bags. We used some papers and we had a paper which had photos so we added names next to them so it looks like they need to be killed. We had so make-up in the bag and perfume which again represents the teenage girl in the film.

No comments:

Post a Comment